St John's College is an entirely independent Charitable Trust set up for the purposes of providing high-quality independent education for girls and boys from age 3 -18. The school is Catholic; this is its primary religious allegiance and affiliation.
The Archbishop of Cardiff is its Patron, the Dean of the Metropolitan Cathedral and the Parish Priest are regular visitors, and there is a formal link with the Cathedral Choral Foundation in the provision of choristers and music staff for the Cathedral Choir. However, St John's College is not funded by the Church, nor by public funds. School fee income from parents provides the sole funding for running the school.
As a Registered Charity, the school is managed by a Board of Trustees; furthermore, as a Company Limited by Guarantee (the legal entity by which the school operates, on a not-for-profit basis) a Board of non-remunerated Directors is required. These individuals hold legal and financial responsibility for the school. These dual onerous responsibilities are currently undertaken by members of the Board of Trustees, all of whom now have, or have in the recent past had children as pupils in the school.
Chair of Trustees:
Mrs Jayne Smerald
St John's College
William Nicholls Drive
Old St Mellons
Senior Leadership Team
- Acting Headteacher: Mr Shaun Moody (email@example.com)
- Assistant Head, Academic: Mrs Jo Gordon-Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Assistant Head, Admissions & External Relations: Mrs Maureen Bridge (email@example.com)
- Assistant Head, Pastoral: Mrs Emma Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Head of Juniors: Mrs Rebecca Thompson (email@example.com)
- Head of Nursery and Infants: Mrs Gill Firth (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Head of Co-curriculum and Website Manager: Mr Francis Taylor (email@example.com)
- Bursar: Mr Andrew Johnson (firstname.lastname@example.org)