Middle School Enterprise Activities
Middle School pupils have been given the opportunity to participate in exciting enterprise activities to develop their key skills again this year.
R12 had to demonstrate creativity and the ability to work as a team to design outfits out of raw materials such as newspaper and card, which were then presented by the team and judged by various teachers.
R13 took part in The Building Game, which looks at people involved in the building industry and how these people work together as a team to complete a building job successfully. Each team had a mini building company made up of:
• Project manager
• Site engineer
• Quantity surveyor
• General foreman
R14 had to work for a chocolate manufacturer called Valetinos Ltd. As groups, the pupils had to solve an over-production problem of one of the ranges called Strawberry Creams. It was decided that these chocolates would have to be sold as a special offer and each group would have to decide how best to tackle the problem. The groups were required to:
– Decide a new name for the chocolates
– Design, produce and decorate a suitable container, which held at least 20 chocolates
– Produce a sales logo and slogan
– Design an attractive poster, which tried to highlight the special attractions of the product as well as the brand name, slogan, price etc.
– Write and deliver a three minute presentation to explain their ideas.
All teachers present were very impressed by the standard in each year group. Well done everyone for putting in so much effort.
14 October 2013
Senior School News