Sixth Form Life
As senior members of the school community, Sixth Formers enjoy an increased individual freedom and independence, whilst learning that there is an accompanying expectation of a more developed sense of both individual and collective responsibility. In essence, students are encouraged to anticipate the enjoyment of traditional university life whilst still at school, leading to intellectual and spiritual enrichment and providing access to rewarding high-grade professional employment in the future.
A Levels are offered in a wide range of subjects at both AS and A2. Pupils normally select the four or five which best suit their aptitude and interests as their AS Level subjects, continuing three or four subjects to A2.
Sixth Formers constitute their own independent society, enjoying a separate common room and supervised study periods in the Sixth Form Library (complete with wireless broadband) to enable students to use their time outside lessons efficiently.
An entrepreneurial spirit is encouraged, with Sixth Formers recently establishing Fair Trade within the school and directing and training younger pupils in musical ensembles and public speaking competitions. An excellent student-teacher rapport extends to staff and Sixth Form football training, netball, hockey and sporting fixtures through the year. Sixth Form Ballroom/Latin Dancing has also proved to be very popular.
The Sixth Form offers:
- An Outstanding Record of A level Results & University Admissions
- Specialist Teaching & Small Class-Sizes
- Supervised Study Periods
- Excellent Science, Music, Sport & ICT Facilities
- wireless broadband & interactive whiteboards in many classrooms
- Weekly Debating Coaching & National Competitions
- recent finalists in the Cambridge Union Schools’ Debating Competition
- Weekly Young Enterprise Coaching
- Established Links with Companies & Institutions
- giving sixth formers wide-ranging work-experience opportunities and advice
Sixth Form Dress Code
The general rule is to be smartly dressed, such as would be acceptable in a professional office:
- Boys - smart jacket, standard shirt & tie, dark trousers & shoes
- Girls - smart jacket, dress / blouse / skirt, discreet jewellery.
(Boys & Girls wear appropriate footwear; and no denim, casual garments, styles, or trainers).