Welcome to the new Sixth Form Centre
September 2018 saw the opening of our new Sixth Form Centre, at Eastern Business Park in St Mellons. This new development is a realisation of our long-term vision that education should prepare students for University and the world of work in a global, 21st Century.
This new facility provides teaching space in a modern, professional environment with:
- Purpose-built classrooms.
- A common room and study-resource area, equipped with high-speed Wi-Fi.
- A lecture theatre with regular specialist speakers who will motivate, inspire and give expert careers advice.
- One-to-one personal statement UCAS guidance.
- An environment that is conducive to education where teachers inculcate a love of learning whilst allowing students greater independence.
- A broad range of A Levels available including new subjects: Business, Government & Politics and Psychology, as well as EPQ (Extended Project Qualification).
- Access to an on-site restaurant.
Our renowned Sixth Form, which is diverse and multicultural, now enjoys a distinct identity whilst still remaining very much part of the wider school community. Many students hold positions of responsibility such as Learning Leaders, Prefects, House Captains, Head Boy and Head Girl, acting as role models to inspire and engender a love of learning in younger pupils.
Our Sixth Form students are valued as individuals, each receiving personal care and attention, including comprehensive careers advice and one-to-one UCAS guidance. Estyn inspectors praised the school’s care, support and guidance during our 2018 inspection.
The school’s provision for care, support and guidance is of a high quality… This level of support makes an exceptional contribution to pupils’ high standards, wellbeing and attitudes to learning.
Crown Copyright 2018
If you are interested in applying to our Sixth Form for 2020/21, please click HERE for the Sixth Form Application timeline.
Click the thumbnail to download the latest Sixth Form Handbook for 2020/21